Chief Audit Executive
• Develops a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the audit committee for review and approval.
• Implements the annual audit plan, as approved, including, and as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by management and the audit committee.
• Maintains a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the requirements.
• Leads the activities of the department to ensure that all work is performed independently without bias, with due diligence and timeliness, with adequate support for appropriate findings and recommendations provided in well-written reports.
• Establishes a quality assurance program by which assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
• Performs consulting services, beyond internal auditing’s assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives. Examples may include facilitation, process design, training, and advisory services.
• Performs or assists in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the organization and notifies management and the audit committee of the results.
• Evaluates and assesses significant new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their development, implementation, and/or expansion.
• Issues periodic reports to the audit committee and management summarizing results of audit activities.
• Keeps the audit committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing, and provide an annual list of significant measurement goals and results.
• Develops appropriate departmental operating procedures.
• Provides assistance to staff of the Office of State Auditor when requested.
• Develops an annual budget request that will provide sufficient training for the Internal Audit Department staff to meet performance expectations; that will obtain the supplies, equipment and technology necessary to execute planned engagements and support routine operations; and that will provide sufficient personnel staffing to meet the audit needs of the company.
• Serves on committees, task forces or other ad hoc groups as requested.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|