Digital Design Manager – ATKINS
Experienced Design Manager with a strong background in active Digital Project experience. You will be required to manage multi-geographical design teams, subconsultants and manage Digital Design review meetings. Deliver presentations and be self-motivated to learn and develop new processes and technology to share with/educate Digital Enterprise team members throughout the company.
- Comprehend the Employer’s Information Requirements and the project’s design requirements and schedules.
- Develop a methodology for delivering on the EIR and design requirements
- Define the project’s BIM standards and procedures to comply with EIRDocument a project’s BIM standards. Issue and maintain/update the project’s BIM Execution Plan, BIM Protocol, the Master Information
- Delivery Plan, LOD Matrix and COBie.).
- Set up the project based on the defined project’s BIM standards and design requirements.Provide input into the development of the Design Delivery Schedule along with the client and other project stakeholders.
- Translate design delivery schedule into key BIM milestones
- Distribute and overview, along with the Design Leads, the workload within the project design teams based on the BIM milestones..
- High level review of project’s models multi-discipline coordination, supervise the proper implementation of project’s BIM standards and compliance with client’s design and information requirements.
- Define and oversee the exchanged documents workflow can the set up of the
- Common Data Environment platform Lead design coordination meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize unnecessary work.
- Develop a comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline and ensure no scope gap.
- Supervise the production of the design teams along with the design leads Act as a primary technical interface to the Client on matters of coordination and implementation of project specific requirements.
- Attend all design and project management meetings ensuring coordinated action is taken by the team.
- Attend the coordination meetings and health check meetings.
- Define and issue the Supplier Information Technology Assessment Form and Supply Chain Capability Assessment Form. Evaluate the supply chain’s BIM capabilities and contribute to the final selection of the external supply chain..
- Support negotiation of scope-of-work, deliverables and price with supply chain.
- Evaluate and motivate designers on adoption of Digital design technology.
Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Demonstrable understanding of Statutory Authorities approvals process within Middle East.
- Understanding modern methods of construction, low energy design and
- Statutory Authority regulations.
- Coordinating the detailed design process and co-coordinating design information.
- Understanding and have working knowledge of all of the various building components considered as part of the complete building assembly,
- Understanding how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at an early stage.
- Carrying out design-stage risk assessments.
- Responsible for all aspects of BIM implementation for the interface between the design team and internal / external consultants.
- Responsible to initiate and implement regular project technical reviews and ensure compliance with review comments.
- Review project scope requirements and ensure the project team is aware and working towards the required deliverables.
Present and promote the use of Digital processes and technology in the Architecture and Engineering fields from Design through to Construction.
- Very strong demonstrated capability in the use of key Digital Engineering systems.
- Lead BIM coordination for projects of all scales, liaising directly with all disciplines involved in the design process.
- Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to BIM model, drawing set organization, details, dimensions, interdisciplinary coordination items, specifications coordination, etc.) and is responsible for quality control of such tasks in accordance with Atkins’ quality control program.
- Contribute to Atkins’ leadership by enabling clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while building professional relationships internally and externally.
- Relevant experience interpreting and applying US / British Standards and Building Regulations (or as appropriate to the UAE) is essential.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|