Mall Operations Manager
The Operations Manager provide managerial direction and operates within functional policy to meet specific objectives. Primarily responsible for overseeing and managing the operations and facilities of the mall in accordance with the standards as specified in the Management Agreement which outlines the partnership between the Management. The role is responsible for assuring the effective functioning of a facility (Mall’s interior and exterior environment) to provide an efficient and safe environment for the tenants, guests, visitors and day to day activities by using the best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the division’s medium to long term objectives.
• Direct and manage activities of the various operations departments in order to maintain the operational appearance of the interior and exterior of the Mall in accordance to the Maintenance Agreement, Legal framework of the country and annual operating budget
• Responsible for management of planned, reactive and incidental works delivery for security, traffic, housekeeping, waste management and pest control
• Responsible for establishing SLA’s and KPI’s of the outsourced contractors and track performance levels of the contractor providing soft services against set KPI’s and SLA’s by routinely assessing performance against checklist, identifying defaults or shortcomings in service levels
• Manage and supervise subordinates in all operational aspects of the mall including grounds, structures, systems and equipment including electrical, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation. and Air Conditioning) and other mechanical systems, interior and exterior landscaping of tenant to ensure that they are adhering to the Mall’s operational guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring that all staff and tenants are trained to recognize and follow procedure related to any crisis and emergency and conducting regular evacuation & emergency drills in conjunction with Mall Manager.
• Responsible for the traffic management within the periphery of the Mall, by implementing the strategy related to traffic management including management and allocation of car parks for tenants, staff and visitors by aiming to provide the best customer service experience.
• In conjunction with Mall Manager, coordinate with country’s legislative/ regulatory agencies that all applicable codes and regulations are adhered to on the premises.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling operation’s related expenditure.
• Assist in the development of the Mall Operations, Business Plan, Business continuity plan, disaster management and annual operating budget.
• Responsible for creating operations’ and facilities’ related policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of positive relationship with tenants, Mall’s customers, governing officials and vendors.
• With the approval of the Mall Manager, this role will be asked to perform Manager-on-duty (MOD) function during a rotating schedule of weekends and holiday periods, including the responsibility of acting as the management’s representative on site and on-call.
• Coordinate with Local Authorities such as Police, Civil defence, vicinity’s municipality and City Management for site wide requirement.
• Responsible for managing the Third-party Logistics’ service providers.
• Analyse, develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
• Plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking.
• Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency.
• Analyse, develop and implement cost reduction initiatives related to operations
• Responsible for managing the staff recruitment, selection, training/development and succession planning as required within operations and facilities department.
• Coach, mentor, counsel or discipline subordinate employees by conferring with the HR business partner and based on the guidelines of the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Implement expected service standards to the staff and monitor them in terms of personal grooming, communication skills and the service offered to guests with objective of superior guest experience and ensuring that hey appropriately represent the standards of the Mall.
• Organize and direct the efforts of subordinates through the assignment of work, mutual goal setting/ action planning and ongoing review and feedback.
• Appraise subordinates’ performance through documentation of achievement or non-achievement of established objectives or performances criteria.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Real Estate|