POS TESTING AND COMMISSIONING ENGINEER (LRT PROJECT) – Alstom
Are you an enthusiastic manager with strong engineering experience in the Railway industry, ready to take your career to the next level? You are looking to join an international organization where you can have a direct impact to the continued growth in a dynamic industry? If so, ALSTOM QA has an engaging career opportunity for you! In Qatar, we are a major supplier & maintainer of tramways.
Within the Power Supply Team, the T&C Engineer is responsible for carrying out the MV, LV, Traction & Auxiliary Power supply equipment’s site testing and commissioning activities. This will include the below:
• MV electrical traction power substations and MV – LV power cables testing on the railway platform:
• LRT Traction, auxiliary power stations and MV – LV power cables testing on the railway platform:
• MV & LV Switching and distribution cubicles, transformers, control command and protection panels.
• DC Switching and distribution cubicles, inverters, control command and protection panels.
• MV – LV – control command cables installed in power substations and on track platform.
• The POS Testing and Commissioning Engineer (based on site) reports directly to the POW sub system T&C manager and is in charge of making sure that the installed equipments are tested in conformity with the test plan and procedures, in compliance with the contractual obligations, the QA/QC system and the Time Schedule in place and forecasted cost.
• Execute the Testing & Commissioning program and the Permit to work system with the relevant departments and actors.
• Coordinate the tests chain for the whole project, taking into account each partner.
• Lead his Testing technicians and ensure the proper execution.
• Ensure and monitor the required testing equipment materials and instruments.
• Ensure the Client satisfaction according to the works, defined in the Main Contract.
• Lead and participate on all testing activities
• Manage and organize for his team:
– The Testing activity at site,
– The operating instructions,
– The foreseen quality requirements,
– The milestones,
– The drawings, procedures and notes having the status “Good For Execution”.
– The Permit to Work System
• Follow-up the Site Quality Plan defined at site on testing activity to control and master the Coordination of the teams, the Testing Process and guarantees the contractual requirements (checking and controls).
• Take care of the contractual milestones completion vs. the Client and monitor the progress of the testing team (planning/milestones completion).
• Ensure that the equipment used to execute the tests is conforming to the local legislation.
• Ensure the presence and validity of the certificates (checking reports, gauging) of the equipment, instrument’s and tools used for the tests.
• Report to the POW sub system T&C manager of all major events and decisions, which can have a major impact on the Site activity, and/or the general progress of the project. Propose the relevant measures of conservation.
• Check that the follow-up of the measuring equipment, used during the tests, is made according to the quality clauses of the contract. Check the compliance and certificates of the testing equipment (filling the Inspection of Measuring Equipment sheet, IME).
• Check the tests execution with regards to the updated procedures and drawings having the “Good for Execution” status.
• Ensure the general leadership of the resources or subcontractor(s) designated for the works by:
– Control means and resources sufficiency (quantity, quality) / planning of Works.
– Take care of the respect of the contractual terms and targets fixed to the Subcontractors.
– Lead regular and formal Meetings (weekly and monthly) with the teams and Subcontractor(s), based on the form provided in the approved Site Quality Plan.
– Monitor the progress of the Subcontractor and approve or not the completion of the works.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|