Research Coordinator – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
Under supervision the incumbent is responsible for a wide variety of administration and coordination tasks, within their assigned team, relating to UREP and JSREP grant proposal development and reviews, account set up, leave tracking, and volunteer tracking. This position will access and utilize the system and will use with proficiency the financial enterprise system, to provide set reports, track ordering and transactional activity as directed. This position will also provide support on established training and troubleshooting assistance to all users in the research division, escalating queries as required. Accurate completion of relevant documentation for all transactions is essential. This position will be required to communicate and liaise with relevant staff to accomplish assigned duties. It is critical that the person in this role maintains a high level of confidentiality, pays close attention to detail, is highly organized (in hard copy files as well as electronic), and able to interact comfortably and confidently with faculty and staff at all levels .
• Performs preliminary review of grant proposals and contracts for internal and external regulatory compliance, sponsor requirements, and appropriateness of proposed budgets. Works closely with faculty to resolve discrepancies.
• Takes appropriate proactive action so as to protect the College and the Institution by assuring that proposals and awards are in compliance with Qatar laws and regulations, applicable US federal regulations, and institution policies
• Provide administrative and coordination support for preparation of proposals and related correspondence, budget creation and monitoring and award reporting. Reviews grants accounts with faculty, makes recommendations and follows-up on all changes
• Provides administrative and coordination support for periodic reporting and required materials to the research community, including financial and human resource reports. Answers questions and tracks follow-ups to completion
• Proficient use of ordering and reporting system to provide support and training to research end users to ensure adherence to developed processes and procedures. Process and track new and change access requests for financial enterprise system
• Using system, coordinate direct ordering from lab staff, as approved, placing orders from department members when necessary. Follow-up on electronic approvals, as needed. Run various standardized reports to monitor transactional activity as directed.
• Track and close POs that have been received. Work with procurement and finance to follow up on open orders and payments. Facilitate the smooth flow of paperwork and approvals, ensuring adherence to all institutional policies and procedures
• Request new account set ups and closeouts. Request new fund centers and WBS accounts, track and follow up on open commitments. Ensures timely completion of transactions within the award period.
• Provide a comprehensive review of all travel reimbursement requests prior to RA approval. Ensure all expenses are within policy and reasonable. Follow-up with traveler and/or trip preparer when necessary; track follow-ups to completion
• Process payment requisition forms and petty cash forms per policy and established procedures. Follow up with requester when necessary; track follow-ups to completion. Manages division petty cash, as applicable
• Assist with leave tracking and referring as necessary to the leave policies, especially as related to academic leave. Send reports to employees for verification as instructed. Answer questions and track follow-ups to completion
• Maintain Research Admin paper and electronic files, as applicable.
• Performs other administrative tasks/duties as required
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|