Senior System Engineer
Ensure all Information Technology infrastructure and applications are always available and up to date to all Qatar Cool and Subsidiaries’ employees.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
– Be aware of relevant networking products that would help improve the IT infrastructure at Qatar Cool and assist in the procurement of such products by providing technical expertise and helping in vendor management.
– Assist in controlling IT related risk by advising business and functional units on all IT policies and procedures and enforces end users’ Qatar Cool IT usage policies.
– Monitor file servers and desktops/laptops for any form of malfunctions and provide employees with necessary access based on management feedback.
– Responsible for all infrastructure services and servers, including but not limited to implementation, configuration, monitoring, maintaining and repairing thereof.
– Create and manage employees network and e-mail accounts in compliance with the Qatar Cool policies and procedures.
– Monitor all types of systems activity including domain controllers, exchange servers, file servers, print servers, antivirus server, archiving, storage and backup systems.
– Conduct regular backup of servers/end users’ data and ensure data is stored in accordance to Qatar Cool’s regulations.
– Ensure all necessary servers and networks have adequate protection from malware and viruses through installation and configuration of necessary firewalls and anti-virus programs.
– Set up user accounts, permissions, passwords and other security roles and features.
– Ensure most cost-effective and efficient use of servers and other hardware.
– Ensure all departmental technology requirements, critical complaints and infrastructure needs are met on time and are prioritized appropriately. Ensure connectivity to the internet is continuously maintained and liaise with external agencies like telecom and broadband service providers for resolving problems.
– Ensure that all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
– Assist in IT software and hardware purchase requests
– Manages and maintains direct communication with vendors for maintenance, support agreements and warranty fulfillments.
– Provide end user technical support to employees whenever Technical support is not able to provide proper support and solutions.
– Perform any other related duty as assigned by the Head IT, in accordance with the provisions of the labor law.
– Implementation, configuration and administration of all the Storage Area Network systems.
– Ensures stable performance for the storage environment through daily performance monitoring and tuning.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|